The foundation is established to ensure in perpetuity:
- The preservation and advancement of the quality of life in the community;
- The assistance of the community in responding to today’s challenges and meeting emerging needs of now and the future;
- The protection and development of assets, including human, physical and heritage, including but not restricting the generality of the foregoing: cultural, recreational, education, health care, heritage, environmental and other charitable purposes, including those involving the disabled.
The Elkhorn and Area Foundation Inc. continues to attract new gifts of capital and continues to provide grants to qualified donees for community projects.
- Brenda Soder – Chair
- Theresa Sanheim – Vice-Chair
- Colleen Soder – Secretary
- Ed Clayton – Treasurer
- Jill Canart
- Ron Canart
- Linda Clarke
- Norma Lambkin
|Elkhorn Legion – Assist with purchase of 18 tables and 150 chairs||$1,500|
|Elkhorn HandiVan (SAIL) – Add another seat to the HandiVan||$1,500|
|Elkhorn School Band – Tuba for Band program||$3,000|
|Elkhorn Museum Restoration Club – Assist with construction of shed||$1,500|
|Elkhorn Elks – Assist with purchase of new windows for hall||$3,000|
2017 Scholarships granted to Elkhorn School graduates
|From Scholarship Fund 4 x $500||$2,000|
|From Bernard Tutthill Scholarship Fund 1 x $500||$500|
New Fund established
In December 2016 Elkhorn and Area Foundation established the Milburn and Gilbert Soder fund with a $1,000,000 donation from the Gilbert Soder estate.
Memory Tree campaign
The Foundation’s Memory Tree campaign is an annual fundraiser where community members can purchase a bulb in memory of a loved one. This fundraiser helps promote the Foundation within the community and it’s purpose and activities.